Here are 10 great ways to make an impact on World Narcolepsy Day.
World Narcolepsy Day: Get Involved Today!
Just 22 days until World Narcolepsy Day (Sept. 22, 2019), are you ready?
Why participate in World Narcolepsy Day?
Narcolepsy is a chronic neurological condition affecting about 3 million people worldwide, yet because of low awareness and misunderstandings, a majority of those living with the condition are currently undiagnosed. This is why raising our voices on World Narcolepsy Day is critical. Together, we can reduce delays in narcolepsy diagnosis, reduce stigma and improve outcomes.
10 Ways to Get Involved:
- LIMITED TIME: Wear Your Shirts with Pride: Project Sleep is selling Inaugural World Narcolepsy Day t-shirts to raise funds for our year-round awareness and advocacy efforts. Deadline to purchase your shirts is Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2019 at midnight ET. In the U.S., shirts should arrive to you by Friday, Sept. 20. GET YOUR SHIRTS
- Take a Photo: Show the world that narcolepsy impacts people everywhere! Participate in our social media campaign by printing the sign, snapping a photo and sharing on socials using hashtag #WorldNarcolepsyDay. PRINT SIGN
- Add the Facebook Frame: Show support on Facebook by adding the World Narcolepsy Day Facebook frame today! ADD FB FRAME
- Host a Get Together: Organize your own event in your community. A picnic, brunch, potluck, or sign-making party are fun ways to bring friends and colleagues together. Share your story and distribute fact sheets.
- Participate in #NCHAT: #Nchat is a monthly Twitter conversation that connects people with narcolepsy worldwide. Join in this special #WorldNarcolepsyDay #Nchat on Sunday, Sept. 22nd at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Check Out Our Partners’ Sites: Project Sleep is one of 24 patient advocacy organizations on six continents establishing World Narcolepsy Day. Get involved with our partnering organizations’ efforts. VIEW OUR PARTNERS
- Share Your Story: Personal health stories are invaluable public education tools. Contact local media and radio outlets. Write about your experience via an easy platforms like Medium.
- Create a Fundraiser: Give your friends and social networks a unique opportunity to support your experience by hosting a Facebook Fundraiser to raise critical funds for Project Sleep! START FUNDRAISING
- Spread the facts! Leading up to World Narcolepsy Day, use our action toolkit and graphics to post on social media using #WorldNarcolepsyDay. VIEW ACTION KIT
- Donate: Consider making a meaningful gift to support Project Sleep’s efforts today. Your generosity helps us further critical awareness and advocacy programming throughout the year. MAKE A GIFT
Thank you for your support!
Your voice matters, as GLOBAL awareness still begins at a LOCAL level. Check out our World Narcolepsy Day webpage for more ideas and resources! Special thanks to Katie Williamsen, expert graphic designer, for donating her time and expertise to help create this stunning page.