In Project Sleep’s feature event for World Narcolepsy Day 2020, a panel of leading narcolepsy clinicians and researchers spoke to our President & CEO, Julie Flygare about narcolepsy research progress and novel drug development underway. The panel, which represented five continents around the world, also addressed the challenges and barriers in providing care to people with narcolepsy in different parts of the world, especially during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
The narcolepsy expert panel included:
- David Cunnington, MD, Melbourne Sleep Disorders Centre, Australia
- Yves Dauvilliers, MD, PhD, University of Montpellier, France
- Yu-shu Huang, MD, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and University, Taiwan
- Christianne Martins Bahia, MD, Rio de Janeiro State University, Brazil
- Emmanuel Mignot, MD, PhD, Stanford University, USA
- Giuseppe Plazzi, MD, PhD, University of Bologna, Italy
First, each expert provided an update followed by a wonderful group discussion. Please watch and share these videos!