On March 15, 2023, the Sleep Research Society (SRS) and Project Sleep visited Capitol Hill together for the 6th annual sleep advocacy hill day to urge Congress to support critical sleep research and awareness efforts. At lunchtime, the SRS hosted a Congressional Briefing on “Recent Advancement and Emerging Opportunities in Sleep, Circadian, and Sleep Disorders Research.”
The Congressional Briefing took place in the Dirksen Senate Building —bringing together Congressional staff, renowned sleep researchers, patient advocates, and additional sleep community leaders.
Sleep Congressional Briefing Featured Speakers:
- Dr. Marishka Brown, Director, National Center on Sleep Disorders Research, NHLBI
- Dr. Janet He, Program Director in the Systems and Cognitive Neuroscience Cluster, NINDS
- Dr. Ruth Benca, Chair, Sleep Research Society Advocacy Taskforce
- Dr. Beth Malow, Member, Sleep Research Society Advocacy Taskforce
- Dr. Kali Cyrus, Project Sleep Patient Advocate