This summer is a critical time to get involved in sleep advocacy! By visiting your Senators’ local offices this August, you will reach your Senators before they return to Capitol Hill in September to make key decisions that will impact the future of sleep research and awareness.
On July 18, 2019, the Sleep Research Society and Project Sleep co-hosted an important webinar to prepare the sleep community to meet with their Senators. For those unable to join us live, get started by watching the Advocacy Training Webinar Video.
Checklist for Taking Action:
1. Find your two Senators’ local offices at senate.gov
2. Call/email to schedule local meetings on behalf of sleep community
(If you have trouble scheduling the meeting, please contact Rau@hmcw.org for assistance.)
3. Print leave-behind materials to bring to meeting
4. Arrive early for meeting
5. Share your story and use the leave-behind materials to ask for your Senator’s support, including re-establishing sleep awareness efforts at CDC
6. Get their business card and send “thank you” email afterward
7. Report back on how it went! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.